In almost every codebase, there is always that one component. You know the one that I am talking about. That one component where:
- It is difficult to understand how it works
- It is painful to make any changes to it
- People would rather create a new component instead of modifying the existing one
- The same developer keeps getting assigned to work on it because they are the only one who understand it
One of the common causes for this is the misuse of props. While props are one of the first techniques Vue.js developers learn, it is surprisingly complex because the technical debts do not show up until it is seemingly "too late" or "too difficult" to refactor and change. And before you know it, what was once a simple component becomes the component that no one wants to maintain.
In this workshop, you will be guided through fundamental prop techniques, best practices and patterns for creating scalable Vue.js components.
What You Will Learn
After taking this workshop, you will better understand:
- How to master using props with components
- Best practices for creating and maintaining props
- Scalable patterns for reusable components
- Small classroom experience (12 students maximum)
- Interactive learning experience with code challenges
- Opportunities to ask questions about your own code
Ben Hong is a Vue Core Team member, Google Developer Expert and Vue Mastery instructor. He is an international speaker and his workshops were sold out for the last two years at VueConfUS. He is also a self-taught developer, who believes in creating educational content that is approachable to people regardless of their training or skillset.
- Familiarity with Vue.js Essentials
No. This is to ensure that all students have the privacy and safety to ask questions and share code with the instructor and class.
Get a full refund (100%) up to 5 days prior to the course. No questions asked. All other cancellations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This workshop is designed to only take a half day, which allows for lower impact on work hours while giving you opportunity to maximize your learning by diving deep into a specific topic. In addition, you will be able to ask questions about any code you want to bring in.
This workshop is designed to maximize student and instructor interaction so that the material can be personalized to the class.
To get updates for any other workshops I'm teaching in the future, you can sign up to get email updates!
Email me at email@example.com and we'll take it from there!